- Step 1: Add WooCommerce Plugin
- Step 2: Locate API Keys in Affirm's Merchant Portal
- Step 3: Configure the Affirm Plugin
- Step 4: Configure the Affirm Payment Gateway Look and Feel
In this article, you’ll find how to integrate your business with our WooCommerce platform integration. Scroll down, follow these easy steps and get ready to have Affirm as a payment method for your customers!
Step 1: Add WooCommerce Plugin
To add Affirm as a Payment Gateway on WooCommerce, go to your WooCommerce extension store and download the Affirm Plugin. Then, follow these steps:
- In your Wordpress Dashboard, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button and click Choose File to select the file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now then Activate.
Step 2: Locate API Keys in Affirm's Merchant Portal
Now that you've installed the Affirm Plugin into WooCommerce, follow these steps:
- Log in into the Affirm Merchant Portal and navigate to the API Keys section.
- Click on the API section. Leave this tab open.
Step 3: Configure the Affirm Plugin
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments and then select Affirm.
- Select to Enable or Disable. Enable to use. Disable to turn off. In this case, select Enable.
- Check the Affirm Sandbox box to enable it. This will allow you to test the payment gateway without handling any real transactions.
- Enter the Public API Key and Private API Key that you pulled up from Step 2.
- Select a Transaction Mode.
Note: You can choose Authorize, which obtains payment authorization only, or you can choose Authorize and Capture, which obtains authorization and captures funds.
Step 4: Configure the Affirm Payment Gateway Look and Feel
Now that you've configured the Affirm Plugin, follow these steps to configure how your customers see the Affirm interface at checkout:
- Select Checkout Mode.
- Modal triggers a pop up during checkout.
- Redirect takes the customer offsite to checkout.
Finally, this is how it looks when Affirm is available as a payment method at checkout!
Note: If you are in Sandbox Mode, you can test out what the customer flow looks like by selecting “Pay over time” using Affirm. Once you are satisfied, don’t forget to disable Sandbox mode!
For full documentation on WooCommerce, please visit this resource.