- Install the Affirm pay-over-time app
In this article, you’ll find a step-by-step guide that explains how to integrate your Shopify eCommerce site with Affirm. It’s easy and quick. So, let’s take a look!
Adding Affirm as a payment method alternative will enhance your site and the relationship with your customers. You can easily add Affirm as an alternative payment method following these steps:
Step 1: Retrieve your API keys from the Affirm Merchant Portal
- Log in to your Affirm Merchant account and go to your Dashboard.
- Go to the API Keys section that is on the left section. Leave this tab open.
Step 2: Install Affirm as an Alternative Payment Method
NOTE: If your Shopify store location is set outside of the US, please do not take the below steps, and instead click here for special instructions.
- Navigate to the Affirm Payments App (here) in the Shopify App Store and click the Add app button.
- Accept the Shopify Permissions by clicking Install app.
- Next, you will be prompted to sign into the Affirm Merchant Dashboard, using your registered email address and password.
Note: If you have more than one brand with an Affirm account, you will need to add an email address not already associated with an Affirm account to the brand-specific dashboard. You can do this by following these steps.
- Navigate to the payment settings and confirm that the Account status shows that Affirm is connected.
- Uncheck the “Enable test mode” box and click Activate Affirm.
You did it – the Affirm Payments app is now live and connected. Thank you for your partnership in ensuring the success of this important update!
If you have an older version of the Shopify Payments app, please check out this article to see how to replace it with the new version.
Step 3: Testing the Affirm Checkout Flow
- Add any product to your cart and follow the checkout process until the Payment page.
- Select Affirm as a Payment method.
Note: You will be redirected to the Affirm checkout flow if everything is working correctly. You'll see a note near the top saying that completing this checkout flow does not create real loans (it is in test mode).
Step 4: Deactivate Test Mode
- Go back to the Shopify Settings.
- Click on Payment Providers, then on Alternative Payment Methods, select Affirm, and then click on Edit.
- Uncheck the Enable Test Mode option, and click on Save.
Install the Affirm pay-over-time app
To add Affirm the Affirm pay-over-time app, follow the below instructions:
- Go to the Shopify App store and search for the Affirm pay-over-time app.
- Once you find it, click on Add app.
3. Notice that by installing the app, you are agreeing to the Shopify Terms of Service.
4. You will need to be logged in to the Affirm Merchant Portal, to be redirected to the configuration page.
5. Click on the Enable button to activate the Affirm pay-over-time app.
6. Then, you can configure your pay-over-time promotional messages directly in this section.
In case you need assistance in implementing these messages, feel free to contact us!