Checkout errors can occur due to a number of reasons, examples being improper integration, configuration, using the incorrect API key, or your account not being yet set live.
Below are some steps to help you troubleshoot this issue:
When your checkout is ready, make sure to click “Send Checkout”
- Send Checkout: actively sends the application to the customer to request financing.
- Save Checkout: will not send the application to the customer. It will simply save the checkout, allowing a window for review or adding anything else to it before sending the application to the customer.
On the Merchant Portal, check for errors on your API logs. If the error is showing as:
- Check status.affirm.com for any reported outages. There may be an outage or a scheduled maintenance in progress.
This is a customer-specific error. Reach out to our care team and provide the following to better assist our support team with the timely resolution of your issue:
- The customer's email address and/or phone number
- The cart size the customer was attempting to check out with
- Did the customer select to have their order shipped or picked up in-store?
- Screenshots of the error encountered within the checkout attempt
- Any additional information regarding the issue
- This is a customer-specific error. Reach out to our care team and provide the following to better assist our support team with the timely resolution of your issue:
- 500 error:
- If you suspect that you are using misconfigured API keys, you can refer to this article for information about the latter.
If you are still in the phase of implementing Affirm, reach out to our Merchant Care team using the Merchant Portal help widget with the following information:
A link to a product in your store that has a price tag between $50 & $250, and that's a small, easily-shippable item, that we will use to create a test order.
- Note: The test order will be canceled and you should not ship the item.
Once received, the information shared will be reviewed and a path towards resolution will be communicated to you.