In this article you will learn in a few steps how to integrate your Wix site with Affirm. It's definitely a great way to improve your e-commerce. Let’s take a look at the procedure!
The Affirm Integration offers an excellent set of features for your Wix site. It covers the online payment option and also allows you to implement Promotional Messaging automatically. Just follow these steps.
Step 1: Access the Affirm Merchant Portal
- Log in to your Affirm account and go to Dashboard.
- Click on the API Keys section on the left bar. Leave this tab open.
Step 2: Install Affirm as a payment method
- Open a new tab and Sign In to your Wix Dashboard.
- Go to your site and click on Select & Edit Site.
3. On your Wix Dashboard, go to Settings > Accept Payments.
4. Click on Add Payment Methods.
5. Mark the checkbox next to Affirm and click on Add.
6. Enter your Public and Private API Keys on this page (from the tab you previously left open) and click Save.
Affirm should now appear as a payment method. This is how it looks:
Note: By following this process, the Affirm Promotional Messaging will be automatically added to any product over $50 US. For additional information on the Wix Platform Integration, visit our site.
Step 3: Test Integration & Go Live
Testing your Affirm Integration is an important part of this process. It’s really quick and you will not have to confirm an entire order or take out an actual Affirm loan. Follow the next steps and if everything is working as expected, you will see an image like the one below the process!
- Create a cart on your store’s website for a total of $50 or greater.
- Move forward with order flow and select Affirm as your payment method.
- Confirm and place an order to initiate the Affirm application process.
- Verify that you see the screen below. If so, you have successfully integrated Affirm into your checkout!
Note: If you see a red banner at the top with the message “You are currently using the Affirm Developer Sandbox”, you’ll need to switch over to our production/live environment.