- Install Affirm as a Payment Method
- Affirm promotional messaging
In this article you'll find a step-by-step guide that explains how to integrate your BigCommerce site with Affirm.
Install Affirm as a Payment Method
Adding Affirm as a payment method to your site is an excellent way to enhance your customer shopping experience. To enable Affirm as an alternative payment method, follow these steps.
Affirm Merchant Portal
- Log in to your Affirm account and go to your Dashboard.
- Click on the API Keys section that is on the left column. Leave this tab open.
- Open a different tab and Log in to your BigCommerce account.
- Go to Store Setup, click on Payments and select Affirm on the list of payment methods.
- Click on Set up.
- Now copy the API Keys from the Affirm Merchant Portal (the tab you left open previously).
- Enter this information into the corresponding fields on the BigCommerce portal and Save the changes.
Now, Affirm is available as a payment method on your BigCommerce site!
Affirm promotional messaging
- On the BigCommerce Dashboard, go to Apps and confirm the terms and conditions to install the Affirm app.
- Once you have installed the Affirm Marketing App on the BigCommerce portal, go to Apps, search the Affirm Marketing App, and click on Installation.
- In order to enable the JQuery and the Affirm Marketing Scripts, you must click on the Install buttons.
App Settings Configuration
- To configure the app settings, go to Apps > My Apps > Affirm Marketing Settings.
- Now copy the API Keys from the Affirm Merchant Portal (the same tab you left open previously).
- Enable Sandbox Mode for testing and development purposes only.
- Click on the Save button.
Affirm Promotional Messaging Configuration
- Go to the Apps section, then click on My Apps > Affirm Marketing Settings > Promotional Messaging.
- To enable Affirm Promotional Messaging on the products pages, toggle Promotional Messaging on Products.
- To enable Affirm Promotional Messaging on the cart page, toggle Promotional Messaging on Cart Page.
- Fill up the fields below on both page settings.
- Click on Save. This is how the process should look.