- Step 1: Log in and configure Merchant Portal
- Step 2: Install Affirm as a Payment Method
- Step 3: Add the Affirm Promotional Messaging
This article shows how easy and quick can Affirm be integrated into your Magento site. Follow these simple steps and you'll be ready to go.
Adding Affirm as a payment method alternative would enhance your eCommerce site by offering shoppers flexibility with their purchases. Affirm offers merchants an out-of-box integration with Magento that is easy to configure.
Step 1: Log in and Configure Merchant Portal
- Log in into the Affirm Merchant Portal and navigate to the API Keys section.
- Click on the API section. Leave this tab open.
Step 2: Install Affirm as a Payment Method
Prior to getting started, you need to install the Affirm extension first. There are 2 ways of doing so: by using Composer or the Command Line.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods > Affirm.
- Change the enable option to turn on Affirm payment at checkout.
- For Mode, use Sandbox Mode for development and testing, otherwise, use Live.
- Enter the Public and Private API Keys you retrieved from your merchant dashboard.
For Payment Action, follow these steps:
- Select a Payment Action.
- Enter the dollar amount values for Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total that displays Affirm as a payment option to your customers when checking out.
- If you enabled multiple payment methods, use the Sort Order setting to change the order of how Affirm displays on the checkout page.
For Plain Text Appearance, follow these steps:
- Select YES if you want to display Affirm as text instead of the logo at checkout.
- If you want to customize the default Affirm logo, add the URL for the desired logo in the Icon field.
- For Enabled Checkout Button, select YES.
- Set the Checkout Flow Type to Modal.
- Set Inline Checkout Messaging to YES.
To see more detailed Magento 2 documentation on how to install the extension, this page.
Step 3: Add the Affirm Promotional Messaging
To add the Affirm Promotional Messaging, follow these steps:
- Go to Stores > Configuration > General > Affirm Promos
- In the As Low As Functionality settings, set the following to YES.
- Enable for product PDP
- Enable for category PLP
- Enable for Shopping Cart
- Select a color for the Affirm logo.
- Enter the Minimum amount for displaying the monthly payment pricing value to set the minimum threshold dollar amount that will display monthly payment messaging.
- Leave the Promo ID value blank.
- Set Enable Learn More to YES to add a Learn More link to the messaging.
Finally, this is how it looks when Affirm is available as a payment method at checkout!
For testing out your integration, watch this video: