Thank you for choosing Affirm! You've been directed to this article so that we can help address your questions around connecting your bank account. This article addresses our limited experience, which a portion of our merchants go through vs our standard experience. The primary differences in these two experiences is that the limited experience is more streamlined, and allows you to access Affirm and its features more quickly as opposed to our traditional experience.
We'll go over the general flow below:
When you're signing up with Affirm, you typically will provide your business information with the form we provide. Once you complete the 3-part form about your business and select your pricing package, you'll then go through the integration process with Affirm.
In this first step, we ask for:
- Business Name
- Business Website
- E-Commerce Platform
- How long after paying will your customers typically receive their goods or services? (optional)
In the second step, we ask for more particulars:
- Registered Business Name
- EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Registered Business Address
- Street Address
- Zip Code
In the last step, we'll ask for business owner specifics:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number (SSN)
Next, you'll be able to complete your pricing package selection.
Clicking on "More Details" above any of the packages will give you a detailed view of the package's terms. Once you check the box for Affirm's Terms & Conditions Policy, you'll have access to the Merchant Dashboard, and thus, will be able to connect your bank account.
Connecting Before Any Loans Have Been Created With Affirm (Without Pending Disbursements)
- Once you're on the Merchant Dashboard, you will see some action items near the top of the home page. Assuming you have no disbursements yet, clicking on Add bank account will take you to the configuration page. Furthermore, you can also click on Invite a teammate (they will get an email notification) to provide banking details if you don't know those details.
- On the following page, simply enter in your business bank account number, followed by the routing number. Click on Add bank account when done.
- If the account is valid, you'll see a success/confirmation screen. You're done!
Connecting With Pending Disbursements
Alternatively, let's say that you've already integrated with Affirm, and some disbursements have already happened. The amount is reflective of a daily update and the actual amount you receive may differ from the amount shown in the portal.
- Once you're on the Merchant Dashboard, you will see some action items near the top of the home page. Assuming you have disbursements, you'll be able to see the total amount waiting for you to claim; otherwise you'll have an action item to connect your bank account. Clicking on Add bank account will take you to the configuration page. Furthermore, you can also click on Invite a teammate (they will get an email notification) to provide banking details if you don't know those details.
- Clicking on Add bank account will give you a more detailed show of how much you'll able to collect once you connect your bank account. This number is updated once daily, and thus may differ from the actual settlement amount. Clicking on Add bank account won't update the balance shown. Below is an example email that you'll receive if you have loans waiting and have yet to provide your bank details.
- On the next page, simply add your bank account account and routing numbers.
- You'll then get a confirmation message saying that your payout is on its way - you're done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions around the sign-up process and connecting your bank account.
Q: How do I add my bank account details?
A: Follow the below steps to do so:
- Log into the portal with the email address and password associated with your account.
- Select the “Add Bank Account” button on your dashboard
- Add your US bank account and routing number
Q: Why do I need to add my bank account details?
A: You need to add bank account details in order to receive payments.
Q: I can't log in to add my bank account
A: Affirm will grant initial access to the Merchant Dashboard. After granting access, you will receive an email invitation. In the email, click Access Merchant Dashboard. If you've already gone through this process, you'll want to then click on "Forgot password" to find your login credentials again.
Q: How can I change my bank details?
A: If you would like to change the bank account for your disbursements on file with Affirm, please have the company administrator setup from your account contact our Merchant Care team here to assist with updating your bank account details. You can reach them at email@example.com.
To update your bank account information, please provide the bank account and routing number on one of the following:
- Voided check
- Screenshot from your banking portal
- Bank or Company Account Info PDF on official bank letterhead
Affirm settles all payments to merchants via ACH to US-based bank accounts only. We do not currently support sending payments via electronic wire or to international accounts.
Q: When will I get paid?
A: Please visit this article for payment timelines.