Shopify is making technical changes to its platform that require all merchants to update their Affirm payment app so they don’t lose access to Affirm.
In this article, we’ll review how to update the Affirm payment app in Shopify. Please take the following simple steps by November 1st, 2023 to add the new Affirm payment app.
Time Required: 10 minutes
Connect New Payment App
Installing the new payment app by November 1st is essential to ensuring your customers can continue to checkout with Affirm. Luckily, the following steps can be accomplished in just a few minutes!
- Navigate to the Affirm Payments App (here) in the Shopify App Store and click the Add App button.
- Accept the Shopify Permissions by clicking Install app.
- After accepting the Shopify permissions, select your country/region (US or Canada) to be redirected to the Affirm Merchant log in window.
- Next, you will be prompted to sign into the Affirm Merchant Portal, using your registered email address and password.
Note: If you have more than one brand with an Affirm account, you will need to add an email address not already associated with an Affirm account to the brand-specific portal. You can do this by following these steps.
Navigate to the payment settings and confirm that the Account status shows that Affirm is connected.
- Uncheck the “Enable test mode” box and click Activate Affirm.
You did it – the Affirm Payments app is now live and connected. Thank you for your partnership in ensuring the success of this important update!
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to test the new app BEFORE proceeding to the next step and deactivating the old one!
Deactivate PayBright Payment App
This will ensure the old payment app is removed before offering our updated version to your customers. You’ll be accessing PayBright within your payment settings and deactivating the app with the click of a button.
- From the homepage of your account navigate to Settings, located in the bottom left corner of the page.
- On the Settings page, click on the Payments option located on the navigation bar.
- Once you’re on the Payments page, locate the “Additional payment methods” section, followed by the PayBright payment method and select the Manage button.
- Select Deactivate PayBright, which will prompt a new window to appear to finalize your selection.
Deactivate PayBright Widget
Deactivation of the existing/old widget is very straightforward and can be done with just a few clicks.
Log into your Shopify store and click on Online Store > Themes.
Click on Actions > Edit code.
- Go to the Sections folder.
For your cart page look for cart-template.liquid or cart.liquid or cart.form
Note: if you cannot find your cart page in the Section folder, please look in the Snippets folder located below the Section folder.
- Once you have located your cart page, control/command F and type in PayBright to quickly locate where the widget is located.
- Once you have located the PayBright widget, remove the entire script from the following lines.
- After removing the PayBright widget, click Save.
Removing the PayBright widget from your product page is similar to the cart steps.
For your product page, look for a section called product-template.liquid or product.liquid or product.form.
Note: if you cannot find your product page in the Section folder, look in the Snippets folder.
- Once you have located your product page, control/command F and type in PayBrightto quickly locate the widget.
Once you have located the PayBright widget, remove the whole script from the following lines.
After removing the PayBright widget, click Save.