Our entity change process to update your account takes approximately 7-10 business days.
You can generally expect these steps: gathering information and documentation from you, having our Underwriting team review it, and amending your merchant agreement.
To submit a request for updating your business information after going through a merger or acquisition, log into your Affirm Merchant Portal and click on the resource widget located at the bottom right of the screen. Select the "Supported Resources" option, then scroll down until you see the button to submit a ticket.
When submitting a request to Affirm for updating your business information, please provide the following information
- In the “Description” section, provide the following information:
- Will the merchant URL remain the same or change? (include link)
- Can you confirm that the Legal Merchant of Record will be changing from “Previous Legal Entity” to “New Entity”?
- New Legal Business Name
- Physical Address
- New Owner’s Name
- Contact Information: email and phone number
- EIN Change
- Date of the change in ownership
Attach the following documentation:
Provide one of the following Bank Account Information:
- Voided Check with the New Entity listed
- Screenshot from your banking portal
- Bank or Company Account Info PDF
- If it’s a “Merger”, provide a Merger Agreement with signatures from both parties
- If it’s an “Acquisition”, provide a copy of the Asset Purchase Agreement with the first page listing both businesses and the last page with signatures from both parties
- Provide one of the following Bank Account Information:
- For “Case Category”, select:
- Business Support > Merchant Legal Entity Change > Merger / Acquisition
- Select the platform you work on.
- Click “Send” to send your request.
- If more information is required, you will be contacted to provide them as needed.
- Once the request is reviewed and the change approved, the Merchant Agreement will be updated and an Amendment will be sent to you for signature to process the change.
Note: Once the request is received, the changes will be reviewed by our internal team and an update will be provided within 7-10 business days.